FINCIS’ activities are based on the strategy for 2022–2025.
Together with our partners, we promote ethical conduct in sports.
Finnish sports are a forerunner in ethical conduct.
- We are solid experts and reliable in carrying out our work. We honour and comply with common rules and agreements. We operate openly but also adhere to absolute confidentiality in matters that require it. We set an example of responsible activities.
- We treat and interact with everyone equally, without prejudice and with respect. We are incorruptible, unbiased and independent.
- We respect, honour and genuinely listen to our stakeholders. We are committed and want others to commit to working together for promoting ethics in sports. We are engaged in open co-operation. We are approachable, courageous and encouraging. We are a central and important part of the sports movement.
Tasks of FINCIS
The following issues are specified as the tasks of FINCIS in the strategy:
- anti-doping activities
- prevention of manipulation of sports competitions
- spectator comfort and safety
- topical ethical themes
Specific objectives and actions required to achieve them have been specified for each task. The objectives and actions are detailed on an annual basis in an action plan and a budget. Progress towards the objectives defined in the strategy is assessed on a regular basis.